¡Bienvenidos! Welcome to my blog of my amazing adventure to The Galapagos Islands, Ecuador 2013!
My mother has generously invited my daughter Morgan (age 12) and I to join her on an amazing trip aboard the National Geographic ship called the Endeavor. Below is a picture of our boat. For those of you interested in the specific details of this 96 passenger boat, you can check it out on the link here. This is a once in a lifetime trip and I feel so fortunate that I can experience this with her and my daughter.
http://www.expeditions.com/our-fleet/endeavour
These islands are known for their unique and abundant species of animals that are fearless of humans and visitors can get up close and personal to some of the world's rarest animals. Have you ever heard of the blue footed booby?
We have been busy preparing for this trip by reading up on Ecuador, watching videos and researching on-line. We are so excited to explore this new culture. In preparing for this, we watched a video that highlighted one unique local food item called "cuy" (otherwise known as guinea pig in English). Morgan has always been an adventurous eater, however she has made an emphatic decision not to eat "cuy" on our upcoming trip (especially since the new household pet of the Cornell's happens to be a guinea pig).
If you would like to see our itinerary, take a look at the link here. http://www.expeditions.com/Global/pdf/Printable%20Itinerary%20Summaries/EN_GALA%202013%20tiered.pdf
We leave in exactly 5 days. I plan to update this blog daily with stories (both in English and Spanish), pictures and video (technology permitting) from our boat. I hope you enjoy it. I encourage you to comment, ask questions, etc. ¡Gracias y Chao!




Jen - what a great idea. I will be following your blog and sharing it with the kids. What an adventure. I am with your daughter on the coy. Maybe if it was sliced and did not feature the feet as well. That is feet I see - right?
ReplyDeleteDiane